India Literacy Project (ILP), is a non-profit organization dedicated to the cause of literacy and education in India for the past 30 years. ILP has been working on a range of programs to increase enrollment,improve retention and positively impact quality of learning in schools.
With a strong emphasis on community participation and changes from the grassroots, ILP implements it programs directly and through its partnership with like-minded NGOs. ILP also partners with respective State Governments to maximize utilization of resources allocated for education.This helps us to minimize our overhead costs and gives us an ability to scale.
Since inception in 1990, ILP has supported over 130 literacy & education programs across 17 states. We are currently working in over 2236 villages across 8 states directly benefitting 380,000+ people!
Volunteer participation is the hallmark of ILP, fostering creativity, novel approach, varied expertise and passion to the process and above all the strength of shared vision.
Our Career Guidance and Pathways program, aims to equip children in Government schools to effectively compete for jobs in the industry. It centers around the students by equipping them with information about careers. It is driven by students’ interests, is adaptive to their abilities, is relevant to their lives beyond school, and enables them to create and own pathways to their desired careers. A key aspect of the program is to enlist and train all the stakeholders – school management, teachers, parents and community to support the students.
ILP works with students graduating 10th and 12th grades by exposing them to a variety of available options from which to choose courses that fit their intellectual interests, while also leading to good careers.
Key aspects of Career Guidance & Counselling
- Career Guidance sessions in schools and villages for students in Grade 9,10,11 and 12. Group sessions are also followed up with 1-1 sessions for students after their 10th and 12th exams.
- Career Guidance sessions for school teachers
- Skills and competencies testing based on industry standard psychometric tests
- Content Tools
- Career Chart – A visual representation of the possible pathways to a course and career of choice
- Career Planner – A booklet in multiple languages that describes over 100 careers, the educational qualifications needed and the prospects
- Website and Mobile App – A website and mobile app that allows students to learn about all the careers, courses and colleges in their local area as well as across India.
- Financial Support
- ILP guides students on financial support options provided by Government and other local organizations.
- ILP also provides select scholarships and mentoring to students in rural areas, making them role models for other students.